Chain of Hope is a 501(c)(3) charitable organization that was established by a group of life-long friends from Hillsborough after one of our own was stricken with breast cancer.
Our objective is to identify specific individuals and causes within Central New Jersey that we can assist through fundraising efforts. Our hope is to help provide peace of mind to local families during challenging times.
In 2008, our dear friend Lisa Nawrotzki, a local school teacher and mother of three, was battling Stage 4 breast cancer. So many people in the community wanted to help this wonderful woman. With little to no experience in fundraising, a group of 5 friends from Hillsborough, along with a local business owner, Jim Kavanagh of Interiors Unlimited, held our 1st Annual Charity Golf Outing at Copper Hill Country Club. The response from the community was overwhelming, and we were able to help our friend out in a way we never dreamed of.
Lisa’s wish for us was to continue to pay it forward to other families going through similar situations.
Sadly, our beautiful friend and muse passed away on June 25, 2010. We honor our friend by continuing to raise funds for those local families in crisis.
Did You Know?
Since 2008, your generous contributions in the past have helped numerous families in our community. Here are just a few:
- A young school teacher and mom of three children who bravely fought Stage 4 breast cancer
- The family of a young boy challenged by autism
- A local police officer who fought leukemia
- A young, recently widowed mother of twin baby girls who lost her husband to cancer
- A little girl battling Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia
- A young boy who lost his mother to breast cancer
- A husband and father of two who fought metastatic melanoma cancer
- A young guidance counselor and coach in our community battling a Level IV Glioblastoma Multiforme brain tumor
All funds raised by TEAM CHAIN OF HOPE will help our organization assist local families in need in the Central Jersey area throughout the year. Those wishing to walk, run or sponsor our team can make checks payable to Chain of Hope, Inc.
For more information, please visit our website: http://www.chainhope.org
To follow us on Facebook, visit: https://www.facebook.com/ChainofHopeInc