Naomi Jardine, Hillsborough
In December 2010 Naomi was diagnosed with Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia (ALL). Naomi’s prognosis was good, but her journey to full remission was 2 1/2 years long. Naomi is a beautiful young lady who has demonstrated the courage, faith, strength, and wisdom of a person far beyond her age. Throughout her treatment she kept a positive attitude and always had a smile, and has become a true example of courage to everyone she knows.
In September of 2014, after 15 months in remission, she relapsed as Leukemia cells were found in her bone marrow. It was devastating to Naomi and her family. However, after absorbing the initial blow of learning about the relapse, she quickly asked her doctor what needed to be done to get better. She is a fighter and has the faith that she can beat Cancer.
Naomi will either receive a bone marrow transplant (BMT) or will continue intensive chemotherapy, both requiring extended hospital stays. In addition to extended hospital stays the BMT is performed at a facility quite a distance from home requiring Naomi's family to secure additional housing to stay with her during treatment. Either treatment path is extremely costly and demands unpaid leave from work for one of her parent’s, and therefore any support her family receives is a blessing and greatly appreciated.
How can I support the Jardine family?
- Click here to join Naomi's prayer chain on Facebook.
- Click here to order your "Team Naomi" shirt and show your support. This fundraiser is being organized by Wendy Holt. Order deadline 2/28.
- Click here to contact Trish Tomczak to purchase a Team Naomi bracelet. Suggested donation $3.
- Anyone wishing to make a donation direct to the Jardine family can write checks payable to Naomi Cancer Free Fund. Please contact Trish Tomczak for mailing information.
- Host a fundraiser and contact Steps Together to have it detailed on this page.
- Click here to make a tax deductible donation to Steps Together. Steps Together is a Hillsborough based 501(c)(3) organization that assists families in our community facing a medical crisis. Steps Together assists all the families we detail.
August 27th, 5:30 PM, Blood Drive at Hillsborough Municipal Building.