EMBRACE SOCIAL MEDIA
The goal is to embrace some form of social media this week to gain support for your participation. Be it your Facebook friends or your Twitter followers, you have a captive audience at your fingertips. People want to fund people and the stories behind them so don’t overlook this simple method of asking.
- Post an update every few days to keep your audience engaged.
- Include links to make your effort real for the reader like specific pages of the families supported by Steps Together.
- Add some lightness to your ask by posting about the support and positive energy you are bringing to the beneficiaries through your effort.
- Make it about you and what you have personally contributed be it endless miles, early wake-ups, training in the dreaded heat.
- Make sure your update is friendly and not pushy.
- Speak from your heart as to why you are raising funds.
- Remind readers about the time frame to support your effort by posting count downs until event day.
- Remember to be grateful and thankful. Acknowledge anyone who supports you, joins you or mentions you in his or her own feeds.